What a Friend We Have in Jesus


These are the lyrics to the song written by: Paul Joseph Baloche 


What a friend we have in Jesus

All our sins and griefs to bear

What a privilege to carry

Everything to God in prayer


Oh, what peace we often forfeit

Oh, what needless pain we bear

All because we do not carry

Everything to God in prayer


Have we trials and temptations?

Is there trouble anywhere?

We should never be discouraged

Take it to the Lord in prayer


Can we find a friend so faithful

Who will all our sorrows share?

Jesus knows our every weakness

Take it to the Lord in prayer


————————————————


Jesus tells us:


“I love you…

just as the Father loves Me…

I love you!

…so, remain in My love. 


When you obey My commandments, 

you remain in My love, 

…just as I obey My Father’s commandments 

and remain in His love. 


I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, (so that) your joy will overflow! 


…and this is My commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. 


There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 


You are  My friends… if you do what I command. 


I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. 


Now you are My friends, because I have told you everything the Father told Me…


You didn’t choose Me… 

I chose you. 


I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask, using My name. 


(Remember) this is my command: Love each other. 


“If the world hates you, remember that it hated Me first. 


The world would love you, as one of its own, if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, …so it hates you. 


Do you remember what I told you? ‘A slave is not greater than the master.’ 


Since they persecuted Me, naturally they will persecute you. 


And if they had listened to Me, they would listen to you. 


They will do all this to you because of Me, for they have rejected the One who sent Me. 


They would not be guilty if I had not come and spoken to them. But now they have no excuse for their sin. Anyone who hates Me …also hates my Father. 


If I hadn’t done such miraculous signs among them that no one else could do, they would not be guilty. But as it is, they have seen everything I did, yet they still hate Me and My Father.


This fulfills what is written in their Scriptures: ‘They hated Me without cause.’ 


John 15:9–25 (NLT)


Praise be to God!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1426 - Isaiah 42 part 1

1427- Isaiah 42 part 2

1434 - Isaiah 45 part 2