Continued Consequences for Disobeying God

​Continued Consequences for Disobeying God

“If a man marries both a woman and her mother, he has committed a wicked act. 

The man and both women must be burned to death, to wipe out such wickedness, from among you. 

“If a man has sex with an animal, he must be put to death, and the animal must be killed. 

“If a woman presents herself, to a male animal, to have intercourse with it, she and the animal must both be put to death. 

You must kill both, for they are guilty, of a capital offense. 

“If a man marries his sister, the daughter of either his father or his mother, and they have sexual relations, it is a shameful disgrace. 

They must be publicly cut off from the community. 

Since the man has violated his sister, he will be punished for his sin. 

(I know that I shouldn’t ask this question, but wasn’t Sarai Abram’s sister …So, was Abraham not punished, because he was not under the Law, which had not yet been given by God?) 

“If a man has sexual relations with a woman, during her menstrual period, both of them must be cut off from the community, for together they have exposed the source, of her blood flow. 

(Is this a temporary ostracism for uncleanliness, just until evening …or is it a permanent punishment for disobedience?)

“Do not have sexual relations with your aunt, whether your mother’s sister or your father’s sister. 

This would dishonor a close relative. 

Both parties are guilty, and will be punished for their sin. 

“If a man has sex with his uncle’s wife, he has violated his uncle. 

Both the man and woman will be punished, for their sin, and they will die childless. 

“If a man marries his brother’s wife, it is an act of impurity. 

He has violated his brother, and the guilty couple will remain childless. 

“You must keep all My decrees and regulations, by putting them into practice; otherwise the land, to which I am bringing you, as your new home, will vomit you out. 

Do not live according to the customs, of the people, whom I am driving out, before you. 

It is because they do these shameful things… that I detest them. 

But I have promised you, 

‘You will possess their land, because I will give it to you, as your possession—a land flowing with milk and honey.’ 

I am the Lord your God, who has set you apart, from all other people. 

“You must, therefore, make a distinction, between ceremonially clean and unclean animals, and between clean and unclean birds. 

You must not defile yourselves, by eating any unclean animal, or bird, or creature …that scurries along the ground. 

I have identified them, as being unclean for you. 

You must be holy because I, the Lord, am holy. 

I have set you apart, from all other people, to be my very own. 

“Men and women, among you, who act as mediums, or who consult the spirits, of the dead, must be put to death, by stoning. 

They are guilty, of a capital offense.” 

Leviticus 20:14–27 (NLT)

Praise be to God!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

​Tongues and Prophecy

1394 - Isaiah 16

Patience and Endurance