Punishments for Disobedience
Punishments for Disobedience
The Lord said to Moses,
“Give the people, of Israel, these instructions, which apply both, to native Israelites, and to the foreigners, living in Israel.
“If any of them, offer their children, as a sacrifice to Molech, they must be put to death.
The people of the community, must stone them, to death.
I myself will turn against them, and cut them off, from the community, because they have defiled My sanctuary, and brought shame, on My holy name, by offering their children to Molech. And, if the people of the community, ignore those, who offer their children to Molech, and refuse to execute them, I myself will turn against them and their families, and will cut them off, from the community. This will happen, to all, who commit spiritual prostitution, by worshiping Molech.
“I will also turn against those, who commit spiritual prostitution, by putting their trust in mediums, or in those, who consult the spirits of the dead.
I will cut them off from the community.
So, set yourselves apart, to be holy, for I am the Lord your God.
Keep all my decrees, by putting them into practice, for I am the Lord who makes you holy.
“Anyone, who dishonors father or mother, must be put to death.
Such a person is guilty of a capital offense.
“If a man commits adultery with his neighbor’s wife, both the man and the woman, who have committed adultery, must be put to death.
“If a man violates his father, by having sex, with one of his father’s wives, both the man and the woman, must be put to death, for they are guilty, of a capital offense.
“If a man has sex, with his daughter-in-law, both must be put to death.
They have committed a perverse act, and are guilty, of a capital offense.
“If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man, as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act.
They must both be put to death, for they are guilty, of a capital offense.
Leviticus 20:1–13 (NLT)
Praise be to God!
Comments
Post a Comment