1111 - Job Yearns for Death

Job Yearns for Death


Job continued his diatribe of self-pity to his friends…


Had I died, at birth, I would now be at peace.


I would be asleep, and at rest.


I would rest, with the world’s kings, and prime ministers, whose great buildings now lie in ruins.


I would rest with princes, rich in gold, whose palaces were filled with silver.


Why wasn’t I buried, like a stillborn child, like a baby, who never lives, to see the light?


For, in death, the wicked cause no trouble, and the weary are at rest.


Even captives are at ease, in death, with no guards, to curse them.


Rich and poor are both there,

and the slave is free, from his master.


“Oh, why give light, to those in misery, and life, to those who are bitter?


They long for death, and it won’t come.


They search, for death, more eagerly, than for hidden treasure.


They’re filled with joy, when they finally die, and rejoice, when they find the grave.


Why is life given, to those with no future, those God has surrounded, with difficulties?


I cannot eat for sighing;

my groans pour out, like water.


What I always feared 

…has happened to me.


What I dreaded has come true.


I have no peace, no quietness.


I have no rest; 

…and only trouble comes.”


Holy Bible: 

New Living Translation

Tyndale House Publishers.


Job 3:13-26


Praise be to God!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moses Chooses Seventy Leaders

1088 - A History of the Priests and Levites

1046 - Israel Celebrates Passover