1141 - Job Speaks of His Anguish

Job Speaks of His Anguish


“Now, I am mocked by people, younger than I, by young men, whose fathers are not worthy to run with my sheepdogs.


A lot of good they are to me—those worn-out wretches!


They are gaunt, from poverty and hunger.


They claw the dry ground, in desolate wastelands.


They pluck wild greens, from among the bushes… and they eat from the roots, of broom trees.


They are driven from human society, and people shout at them, as if they were thieves.


So, now, they live in frightening ravines, or in caves, and among the rocks.


They sound like animals, howling, among the bushes, huddled together, beneath the nettles.


They are nameless fools, …..outcasts from society.


“And, now, they mock me, with vulgar songs!


They taunt me!


They despise me, and they won’t come near me, …except to spit, in my face.


For God has cut my bowstring.


He has humbled me, …so, they have thrown off all restraint.


These outcasts oppose me, to my face.


They send me sprawling, …they lay traps in my path.


They block my road, and they do everything, that they can, to destroy me.


They know, that I have no one, to help me.


They come at me, from all directions.


They jump on me, when I am down.


I live in terror, now.


My honor has blown away, in the wind, …and my prosperity has vanished, like a cloud.


Holy Bible: 

New Living Translation

Tyndale House Publishers.


Job 30:1-15


Praise be to God!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moses Chooses Seventy Leaders

1122 - Job Asks God How He Has Sinned

1088 - A History of the Priests and Levites